How to Care for XPEL Paint Protection Film on Your Mpls Car
If you’ve recently had Xpel paint protection film installed on your car, congratulations. It’s one of the best products out there to protect your vehicle from stone chips, scratches, and damage from road debris and environmental issues. But there is more than one type of XPEL protection film, so ensure that you read the instructions and guidelines that came with the film prior to following these directions. If you had SkipChips professionally install Xpel Ultimate, check with us for more information if you’ve got questions regarding the care of your protection film.
Instructions for Care of Xpel Protection Film
- Wait 48 hours after installation before you wash your car.
- Remove any stains from the vehicle as soon as you notice them.
- Seal using the XPEL Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant once every three months to preserve the gloss.
- Any small scratches that you notice on the film are able to heal within a half hour in room temperature weather, but may need to be accelerated by using warm water on the affected areas.
Other Instructions Regarding Xpel Film
- Use only microfiber or terry cloths on the film.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners on the film.
- Do not scrub or wipe the film if it is in direct sunlight.
- Do not use car waxes with dyes in them.
In order to remove scratches – use a dual action or rotary buffer. Use this with 3M Perfect-It Machine Polish. You’re then able to seal it up using 3M Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish. This provides a deep, perfect shine. The pads are also color coded for ease of use. Use XPEL Flawless Finish Film Sealant in order to protect the film from any wear and tear that it might go under. You’re able to get a shine that is not discolored. Stay away from any waxes that are dyed or might have harmful chemicals within them. These can harm the film. If you wish to remove the film, contact a professional installer in order to have it removed. This is the best way so that the paint underneath the film stays in contact.
Protect Your Car From Minnesota Road Damage with Paint Protection Film in Minneapolis
Speak with a paint protection film installation professional from Skip Chips to learn more about what they can provide you with in order to keep your vehicle looking its best even through the harsh Minneapolis winter. Having professional installation of XPEL Ultimate protection film in Minneapolis can be done right in our facility .